The NCPD provides skills training to lower Councils,interacts with all District Councils for Persons with Disabilities through general conferences, mobilizes and maintains a strong human resource and ensures
availability and utilization of internal operational policies.
Management and Coordination of NCPD.
Strategic Objective: Enhanced capacity of the Council at all levels to effectively perform its functions.
- Annual budget target attained
- Partnership management policy developed and operational.
- NCPD structures established, visible and operational at all levels.
- National and regional offices fully equipped and staffed
Annual budget target attained
- Lobby ministry of Finance and Economic Development and Parliamentary Budget Committee for a Vote.
- Develop a comprehensive business plan for sustaining NCPD addressing national, district and sub county.
- Secure new partners and maintain existing ones;
- Support the Lower Councils to mobilize resources.
- Write concept notes and funding proposals and market to donors and development partners;
- Organize fundraising drives.
Partnership management policy developed and operational.
- Develop and implement a partnership management policy in consultation with stakeholders;
- Organize disability reconciliation workshop
- Participate in National, Regional and International fora
- Conduct exposure visits for learning
- Carry out partnership management meetings on a quarterly basis
NCPD structures established, visible and operational at all levels.
- Facilitate regular Council inductions, retreats and periodic performance reviews for national, district and sub county level.
- Train national, district and sub county councils in leadership, proposal development, programming among others
- Support the establishment of the district and sub county councils.
- Support the district and sub county levels to provide regular feedback to the national council
- Hold regular council meetings at the national, district and sub county levels
- Hold annual general conference for joint planning with lower councils for persons with disabilities
- Develop new and review existing appropriate policies
- Carry out regular joint monitoring activities with partners and DPOs
- Develop specific projects ;
National and regional offices fully equipped and staffed
- Develop and maintain an appropriate human resource development plan.
- Engage and secure volunteers from organisations providing volunteers.
- Procure relevant tools and facilities for efficient execution of the mandate of the national and lower Councils;
- Recruit staff to fill the vacant positions in the staff structure.
- Rebrand national Council for persons with disability profiling its national, regional and international status.
- Set up Management Information System
- Develop a comprehensive monitoring and evaluation framework