The NCPD conducts/commissions surveys and research projects on various disability aspects. NCPD also on disability, or to mainstream disability within their mainstream studies. The information gathered is used by the Council and shared out with Government and non-government actors for evidence-based planning. The Council further plans to train stakeholders on disability inclusion; partner with stakeholders to venture in the area of innovation of appropriate technologies for persons with disabilities.
Research, Training and Innovation
Strategic Objective: Increased information and capacity on disability inclusion.
- NCPD capacity to coordinate research and manage information for policy and planning purposes developed.
- National and regional centres for disability established to enhance innovation, capacity and coordination of disability inclusion.
NCPD capacity to coordinate research and manage information for policy and planning purposes developed.
- Carry out research on specific disability issues to inform; policies, laws and programming for disability inclusion.
- Commission research, on emerging or prevailing disability related issues
- Hold periodic disability fora at national, regional and international level for information sharing
- Promote scholarly Journal publications on persons with disability in collaboration with Universities
- Participate in local and international research conferences.
National and regional centres established to enhance innovation, capacity and coordination of disability inclusion.
- Set up a functional Disability Inclusion Resource Centre at Kireka Rehabilitation Centre.
- Develop training curricula on inclusion tailored to MDAs, local government, CSO and private sector needs.
- Conduct training on disability inclusion.
- Collaborate with learning institutions to influence the training on disability at national and international levels.
- Create a disability think tank and teaching group of professionals
- Collaborate with other institutions to innovate disability appropriate technologies and patenting, education, agriculture among others.